[cmake-developers] ninja spaces in the path do not work on linux

Nicolas Desprès nicolas.despres at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 09:19:50 EST 2012

2012/2/19 Peter Collingbourne <peter at pcc.me.uk>

> On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 09:16:31PM +0100, Nicolas Desprès wrote:

> > I think yes. It is just a matter of time. My weekend is already
> overloaded.
> > I'll try to do it. If Peter or someone else in the community comes up
> with
> > a patch before me everybody would be happy :-)
>
> I decided to look into escaping rules this weekend.  Now with the
> code on the ninja-generator branch, CMake can build itself with both
> source and build directories containing spaces, and pass all tests.
> LLVM/Clang can also build with both directory names containing spaces.

Thanks for this Peter.  I have just tried the new stage/ninja-generator
branch with spaces in both the source and the binary directory and I got
this result for the test suite:

 The following tests FAILED:
 83 - CPackComponents (Failed)
217 - CMake.CheckSourceTree (Failed)

Note that on my Linux box:
- CMake.CheckSourceTree always fail even on the master branch (I never
tried to understand why).
- CPackComponents fails only when there are spaces but the Unix Makefiles
generator has the same issue.

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Desprès