[cmake-developers] [CMake 0013177]: File matching patterns not functional when installing headers

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Mon Apr 30 16:14:52 EDT 2012

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                Braden McDaniel
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   13177
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   major
Date Submitted:             2012-04-30 16:14 EDT
In the course of trying to build mysql-c-connector-6.0.2, I found that the
following directive does *not* result in header files being installed by "make
install":

INSTALL(DIRECTORY "include/"
        DESTINATION "include"
        FILES_MATCHING PATTERN "*.h")

Changing to this results in "make install" installing the headers:

INSTALL(DIRECTORY "include/"
        DESTINATION "include")

Additional Information:
I was unable to reproduce this problem on Fedora 16 Linux. However, it happens
consistently on Mac OS X 10.7.3 using MacPorts CMake.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change