[cmake-developers] ninja bug

Nicolas Desprès nicolas.despres at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 04:16:31 EDT 2012

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 10:48 PM, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com> wrote:
> On 4/18/2012 1:12 PM, Richard Wackerbarth wrote:
>>
>> Let me know if someone needs information from the run which has not been
>> posted to the dashboard.
>> I can bring the machine online and retrieve things.
>>

> OK, so looking at the .d files, they are wrong.
>
> I see this:
>
> CMakeFiles/bar.dir/bar.cxx.o CMakeFiles/bar.dir/bar.cxx.o:  \
>
> /home/dashboard/BotFarm/Chameleon-12/CMake/Ninja/CMake/Tests/BuildDepends/Project/bar.cxx
> \
>  regen.h noregen.h
>

> On other machines it looks like this:
>
> CMakeFiles/bar.dir/bar.cxx.o:  \
>
> /home/dashboard/BotFarm/Chameleon-12/CMake/Ninja/CMake/Tests/BuildDepends/Project/bar.cxx
> \
>  regen.h noregen.h
>

> Is there a known problem with gcc-4.2.2 and ninja?

That's possible indeed. There are discussions whether to support all
compilers deps file formats inside Ninja or in another program (see
the deplist branch and discussion thread). The deplist branch is an
attempt to provide a common format to store the dependencies in a
fast-to-parse format.

Currently, it is not merged yet and Ninja still relies on its own
parser which is probably not bug free and does not have all the
work-around required for all compilers versions.

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Desprès