[cmake-developers] ninja status

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Sat Apr 7 15:56:58 EDT 2012

On 07.04.2012 20:46, David Cole wrote:

>>> 79 limit...
>>> couldn't resist when typing the commit message ;)
>>>

>> Yes, I don't blame you. I've had the same thought myself several
>> hundred times. ;-)
>>
>> Thanks a bunch. It prevents a big red splotch on the dashboard tomorrow.
>>

>> David
>

> Despite fixing up the line length issue... there are several new
> ninja-related dashboard problems today after your commits from
> yesterday. Please take a look at them here:
> http://open.cdash.org/index.php?project=CMake and see what you can do
> to patch them up.
>
> There's one new compiler warning, and it looks like your CMakeLists

Warning is fixed now.

> changes have somehow caused a massive failure of the test suite. I'm
> not sure I understand why yet, but perhaps you could try running the
> test suite on your end, too, on a Mac or Windows build?
>
> Thx,
> David

By default Ninja support is not enabled on Windows and Mac, somehow it was build
the last times but I touched the cmake code there and introduced a FORCE:
http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=stage/cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=f93e81858b5e1243714ed7f26aadfc791a7b0ff0

I assume because of this Ninja support is not build:

-- Ninja generator disabled, enforce with -DENABLE_NINJA=ON

Could you configure the build server to use -DENABLE_NINJA=ON?

Should ENABLE_NINJA be an option? Sometimes it remembers the ENABLE_NINJA
value sometimes not.

Peter