[cmake-developers] ninja status

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 08:18:00 EDT 2012

Le 4 avril 2012 01:53, Nicolas Desprès <nicolas.despres at gmail.com> a écrit :
> On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 6:48 PM, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com> wrote:
>> Hi,  I just wanted to get an update on the ninja generator status. Right now
>> all linux tests are passing, and that platform seems to be done.
>>

> Hi Bill,
>
> Thanks for the status.
>
>> Windows:
>>  - No file level depend information
>>  - Failing Tests:  BuildDepends, Plugin
>>

>> OSX:
>>  - application bundle and framework creation is unimplemented
>>  - Failing tests: BuildDepends, BundleTest, CFBundleTest, ExportImport,
>> Qt4Deploy
>>

> On my Mac OSX 10.7.3 I have these tests failing:
>
> with "Unix Makefiles":
>          1 - CMake.Install (Failed)
>         88 - SimpleInstall (Failed)
>         90 - CPackComponents (Failed)
>        235 - CMake.CheckSourceTree (Failed)
>
> with "Ninja":
>          1 - CMake.Install (Failed)
>         54 - ExportImport (Failed)
>         61 - Qt4Deploy (Failed)
>         84 - SimpleInstall (Failed)
>         86 - CPackComponents (Failed)
>        227 - CMake.CheckSourceTree (Failed)

Concerning BundleGenerator or other CPack tests on the Mac
they may fail sporadically (whatever the generator used)
due to "hdiutil" usage failing
see
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/cmake-developers/2012-February/003352.html

so apparently if the error relates to "hdiutil", try again in order to check
whether if the failure is repeatable.

--
Erk
http://www.le-message.org