[cmake-developers] ninja status

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Tue Apr 3 12:48:06 EDT 2012

Hi,  I just wanted to get an update on the ninja generator status.
Right now all linux tests are passing, and that platform seems to be done.

Windows:
   - No file level depend information
   - Failing Tests:  BuildDepends, Plugin

OSX:
   - application bundle and framework creation is unimplemented
   - Failing tests: BuildDepends, BundleTest, CFBundleTest,
ExportImport, Qt4Deploy

FreeBSD:
   - Failing test:  BuildDepends

Explanations of failing tests:

- The Plugin test is failing on Windows because the ENABLE_EXPORTS
target flag is not being processed:
  # Create an executable that exports an API for use by plugins.
ADD_EXECUTABLE(example_exe src/example_exe.cxx)
SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES(example_exe PROPERTIES
   ENABLE_EXPORTS 1
   OUTPUT_NAME example
   # Test placing exe import library in unique directory.
   ARCHIVE_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY ${CMAKE_ARCHIVE_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY}/exe
   )

- I am not sure about the BuildDepend test and why it fails on both Mac,
Windows, and freebsd...

- all the bundle and framework tests fail on Mac because it is not
implemented.

Questions:

- Can we use master ninja for the windows dashboard now?
- Does anyone know if the depend processing for windows has been or will
be accepted in ninja?

Thanks.

-Bill