[cmake-developers] Ninja: Regressions re. def file handling with MSVC

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Apr 2 11:16:15 EDT 2012

On 4/2/2012 10:01 AM, Amine Khaldi wrote:
>> Your use case must be different from what that test covers.
> we generate those def files and add them to the source list.

Thanks.  I've extended the ModuleDefinition test to cover that:

  http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=89987c21

and fixed the Ninja generator:

  http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=d2c764ad

Ironically commit a2514f15 would have been a smaller patch had
I used the approach in commit d2c764ad in the first place ;)

Thanks for the detailed report and bisect work.

BTW, you should still avoid marking .def files as EXTERNAL_OBJECT.
Do you know why that mark was added in the first place?