[cmake-developers] Generating imported library targets without the cmake executable

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Nov 29 09:54:24 EST 2011

On 11/29/2011 8:00 AM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>>> I can't generate the files. I'm asking people with windows and mac setups
>>> to generate them and post them for review. I don't have those setups.
>>
>> Just the ones for Linux would already help :-)
>
> I managed to get generated files for windows and mac through some IRC
> puppeteering, so I've attached them here now.

For these lines:

  set(Qt5Core_LIBRARY Qt5Core)
  set(Qt5Core_HEADER_DIR "${_qt5_install_prefix}/include" )
  set(Qt5Core_INCLUDE_DIRS "${Qt5Core_HEADER_DIR}" "${_qt5_install_prefix}/include/QtCore")
  set(Qt5Core_LIBRARY_DIR "${_qt5_install_prefix}/lib")

What is the purpose of each variable?  Usually singular names like
FOO_LIBRARY and FOO_INCLUDE_DIR are used in find_*() commands to
cache the results of specific searches.  The results reported from
a find or config module for use by the application use plural names
like FOO_LIBRARIES and FOO_INCLUDE_DIRS and FOO_LIBRARY_DIRS.