[cmake-developers] [CMake 0012588]: install(EXPORTS) does not work well with dependencies

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Tue Nov 22 09:09:45 EST 2011

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                Stephen Kelly
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   12588
Category:                   (No Category)
Reproducibility:            have not tried
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2011-11-22 09:09 EST
Last Modified:              2011-11-22 09:09 EST
In KDE we're starting to use install(EXPORTS) and config files. We are building
libraries with dependencies on one another which are in different export sets.

Different export sets are needed to create different Targets files, which can be
included in different Config files. If the attached example were more complete,
there would be a oneConfig.cmake which includes oneDeps.cmake, and a
twoConfig.cmake which includes twoDeps.cmake.

At cmake time we get this error:

CMake Error: INSTALL(EXPORT "twoDeps" ...) includes target "libtwo" which
requires target "libone" that is not in the export set.

How can we resolve this?

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change