[cmake-developers] How to deal with assembler files

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Mar 1 15:44:26 EST 2011

On Tuesday 01 March 2011, Brad King wrote:
> On 02/24/2011 02:58 PM, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > I merged this now into next on stage.
>
> The Assembler test fails on several platforms:
>
> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testSummary.php?project=1&name=Assembler&date=20
>11-03-01

Oops, sorry.
I'll fix my mail filters, the mails from the CMake dashboard went in the same
folder as the ones from the KDE dashboards (where there are many failing
every day).

> Please take a look.  Let me know if you need help on a specific platform.

In most cases the ASM compiler ID was not recognized.
I can't reproduce why.
I committed some debug output to next.
Then I should be able to fix most of them tomorrow.

The SunPro tests both failed:
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testDetails.php?test=85204365&build=884706
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testDetails.php?test=85247010&build=884931
The assembler file was generated in both cases, but could not be linked.
Maybe some more arguments are necessary here for specifying the desired output
format for the assembler ?

Alex