[cmake-developers] [CMake 0012096]: CPackRPM: Error while using component install mode

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Sat Apr 16 13:06:14 EDT 2011

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                Alexey Uratkin
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   12096
Category:                   CPack
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2011-04-16 13:06 EDT
I am going to use CPack to build RPM.
I need to build more than one package.

The instruction is at:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/CMake:Component_Install_With_CPack

I've done all according to the instruction, but got no packages.

I've look into generated spec files by CPack and found that ALL files from ALL
packages included to each package.

More detail investigation revealed that:
"Modules/CPackRPM.cmake" use CPACK_RPM_ABSOLUTE_INSTALL_FILES variable set by
"Source/CPack/cmCPackGenerator.cxx"
I've traced "Source/CPack/cmCPackGenerator.cxx" and discovered that
CPACK_RPM_ABSOLUTE_INSTALL_FILES filled with all files from all packages.

This gets me down and I've created a patch which solved this problem.

I think it should be included to the next release.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change