[cmake-developers] MSVC LinkLibraryDependencies settable flag

Rosen Diankov rosen.diankov at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 21:29:09 EDT 2011

Dear cmake devs,

When creating a complex project with DLLs depending on static
libraries in MSVC, it is necessary to set the
LinkLibraryDependencies="true" in the project file, or otherwise
things won't work correctly.

Because there's no option in cmake for this, we've been using the
following hack:

  if( MSVC )
    # set "link library dependencies" for visual studio in order to
include symbols for other statically linked libs
    set_target_properties(libopenrave-core_static PROPERTIES
STATIC_LIBRARY_FLAGS "\" LinkLibraryDependencies=\"true")
  endif()

As you can see, the hack forces

" LinkLibraryDependencies="true

to be declared, giving the desired behavior when surrounded with "".
is there a way we can get this option in cmake?

thanks,
rosen,