[cmake-developers] [CMake 0011346]: Syntax errors from pkg-config on Win32

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Thu Oct 21 10:35:48 EDT 2010

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=11346
Reported By:                Adam J Richardson http://cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=2
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   11346
Category:                   Modules
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   major
Date Submitted:             2010-10-21 10:35 EDT
The first time I run CMake on this source tree on Win32 I get a lot of
error output (see first link below). Subsequent runs produce the (much
shorter) output:

"
C:\Users\buildbot\Reu2\bin\bga120\build\Reu2\cmake>cmake .. -G "MinGW
Makefiles"

CMake Error at
C:/Programs/CMake28/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStan
dardArgs.cmake:70 (MESSAGE):
  Could NOT find LibXslt (missing: LIBXSLT_INCLUDE_DIR)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  C:/Programs/CMake28/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindLibXslt.cmake:44
(FIND_PACKAGE
_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
  Reu2/CMakeLists.txt:29 (find_package)

C:\Users\buildbot\Reu2\bin\bga120\build\Reu2\cmake>
"

Both libxml2 and libxslt are installed and working. Also, pkg-config is
known to work and return correct results on this system.

Could it be a bug in FindPkgConfig.cmake? Or FindLibXslt.cmake maybe? And
why do I get different output on the first run?

The second link below is the CMakeLists.txt file throwing the errors. It
is included by other CMakeLists.txt files, I can provide links to those if
needed.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change