[cmake-developers] CMake and Java

Andreas Schneider asn at cynapses.org
Thu Oct 14 16:59:45 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm currently working on a C and Java based project. I've first tried to use
the CMake compiler support but Bill suggested to do it with custom commands.

I would be happy to get some feedback. You can find the UseJava.cmake file
here:

http://git.cynapses.org/users/asn/pki.git/tree/cmake/Modules/UseJava.cmake?h=cmake

It offers a

add_jar(TARGET src1 src2 srcN rcs1 rcs2 rcN)

function. Java files get compiled and resource fill just added to the jar. I'm
open to suggestions and would be happy to improve it to provide better
support.

I'm currently thinking about a install_jar() function to hide some magic
behind it.

Cheers,

	-- andreas