[cmake-developers] User vs CMake include mismatch handling

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Oct 14 13:30:22 EDT 2010

On Wednesday 13 October 2010, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 October 2010, Bill Hoffman wrote:
> > So, I think we have to use the new name approach.  Do we want to call it
> > 2?  Or should we call it something else?
> >
> > Alex, do you have time to do this?
>
> I think it's not a good solution, and the one with CURRENT_LIST_DIR is
> definitely better and already implemented.
> And I am still convinced that I am right here, see my other mails.

So I would suggest to merge the CURRENT_LIST_DIR branch for 2.8.3, and as soon
as 2.8.3 is released, remove the full paths again and enable the new CMP0017
instead (prefer CMAKE_ROOT when include()d from CMAKE_ROOT) and then see what
happens during the whole 2.8.4 cycle.

I think this (CMP0017) is necessary, because otherwise we can only hope
nothing breaks with future releases (independent from FPHSA).

Alex