[cmake-developers] Fixing ProcessorCount.cmake

Rolf Eike Beer eike at sf-mail.de
Sat Nov 6 06:38:57 EDT 2010

I feel like I'm taking the position the great Greg KH has in Linux kernel
development: the maintainer of crap. You write it "QNX" but you speak it
"crap". Don't get me wrong, I hate this stuff. But I have to deal with it so I
want CMake work there properly to reduce my pain.

So here is a fix for the ProcessorCount.cmake module to work properly there.
This also makes it possible on all platforms that have getconf to detect if
_NPROCESSORS_ONLN is not supported.

I would love to see if someone of Kitware could get into contact with the guys
at QNX. AFAIK there is sort of a free partner program where you get developer
licenses of their OS. I have two virtual machines (Linux KVM) running with
6.4.1 and 6.5.0 which works (for some values of works). If you would go and
throw something like 6.3.2, 6.4.1, and 6.5.0 in virtual machines you could
make them build cmake nightly and test all this stuff. Sadly I can't use my
work machines for that (for different reasons).

Eike