[cmake-developers] git doesn't let me push: bad whitespace at end?of line

Michael Wild themiwi at gmail.com
Mon May 3 08:39:15 EDT 2010

On 2. May, 2010, at 15:22 , Bill Hoffman wrote:

> On 5/1/2010 2:39 PM, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>
>>> This might work for you as well:
>>>
>>>   git rebase --whitespace=fix origin/master
>>
>> Yes, worked :-)
>>
> Git is great, once you get a handle on the 1000 or so different command line options that are available... :)

I use the zsh which provides fabulous auto-completion of git commands. It even gives a short help string on commands and options. Further, I configured it to display a special prompt when I'm in a git tree, indicating the branch name and the state (clean, dirty, non-empty index) and whether a operation is in progress (e.g. during a merge or an interactive rebase).

Michael