[cmake-developers] git move

Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva miguelf at ieee.org
Mon Mar 8 17:46:23 EST 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 2:50 PM, Bill Hoffman wrote:
> Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva wrote:
>>
>> I might use the cvs for the nightly build, but I was looking forward
>> to testing the hg-git checkout of the source for working on some
>> tickets related to the FindwxWidgets.cmake module. I use mercurial
>> regularly and wasn't thinking about learning git ;)
>
> That sounds good.  The nightly build can use either git or cvs, only ctest
> 2.8 can handle git for update commands.
>>
>> However, hg-git should allow me to do this transparently. If I manage
>> to get this going, I'll do a wiki writeup...
>>
> Sound interesting.

Hello,

I just committed a change using hg-git:

http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commit;h=8f9f6b3ac1850e5b630871fd080360ad6874fb39

First, I would like to make sure that everything looks good and
nothing was messed up. For example, the committ time in the main page
(http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git) seems off, but I'm not sure if
this is a git thing.

Notice that the workflow was:

1. hg clone git://cmake.org/cmake.git CMake
2. ... my regular mercurial Mq development ...
3. hg pull # to get latest changes
4. hg rebase -s rev1 -d rev2 # to have changes at the tip
5. hg push -r tip git+ssh://git@cmake.org:cmake.git

If there is interest, I can write a small entry in the wiki on how to
install/configure hg-git, and how to use this workflow. If so, where
should I put this information?

--Miguel