[cmake-developers] How to follow the developpement of a CMake branch with git?

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 07:05:02 EST 2010

Hi there,

I'm not [yet] confident with git currently, but I intend to go on a
steep learning curve :-)

Previously with CVS it was easy to follow a branch (like CMake-2_8)
because you can checkout from a branch tag?

How do I do that with git?
I cannot find this on:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake/Git

after cloning, "git branch" does not tell me anything (which is ok)
"git tag" list me available tags:
v2.4.0
v2.8.0

so I can checkout and/or create a new [local] branch based on thoses
tags but how
but how can I setup-up my tree to point to v2.8.1-rcLATEST?
(and make later git pull take me forward along this branch?)

--
Erk
http://www.april.org