[cmake-developers] [CMake 0011648]: CMake cannot be built with LSB 4.0 compilers

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Fri Dec 31 06:53:58 EST 2010

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                Craig Scott
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   11648
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2010-12-31 06:53 EST
Last Modified:              2010-12-31 06:53 EST
There are some functions used by the CMake source code which are not part of the
LSB 4.0 specification. These usages prevent CMake from being built with the LSB
compilers. This is undesirable, since compiling CMake with the LSB compilers
would produce much more portable binaries that could be used on most major linux
distributions.

Steps to Reproduce:
Try to build CMake 2.8.3 sources on a linux machine with the LSB 4.0 packages
installed. You will need to set the following before the build:

CC=/opt/lsb/bin/lsbcc
CXX=/opt/lsb/bin/lsbc++
PATH=/opt/lsb/bin:$PATH

Additional Information:
I'll try to post some patches as I find workarounds, but no guarantees. Some of
the build problems look a bit involved (eg stuff related to makedev).

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change