[cmake-developers] New CPack test failing on OS X and Windows 7

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 13:22:02 EST 2010

2010/12/12 Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com>:
> On 12/11/2010 5:06 PM, Eric Noulard wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> My new test for CPack component with ZIP generator is failing on [at
>> least] 2 dashboards
>> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testDetails.php?test=75411756&build=798900
>> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testDetails.php?test=75411843&build=798906
>>
>> I do not have access to this kind of host and currently I have no clue why
>> the test is failing...from the trace.
>>
>> Would anyone here be able to give me a hand (or a patch :-]) for
>> understanding
>> the failure?
>>
>> The "expected_file_mask" is a globbing expression which is used to
>> search the "supposedly" generated zip files and count them
>> (expected_count)
>> but apparently no file are found:
>>
>> expected_file=''
>>
>> Is it possible that no zip are generated ?
>> Or may be they are not generated in the expected folder ?
>>
> Looks like that test if failing in a bunch of places:
>
> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testSummary.php?project=1&name=CPackComponentsForAll-ZIP-default&date=2010-12-12
>
> Seems like it might be failing on systems that use configuration directories
> (Xcode and Visual Studio) Debug, Release, etc..

OK I see, may be that's the reason, I'll dig in that direction.

> I would suggest adding more messages to the RunCPackVerifyResults.cmake
> script and then waiting for the dashboard to print out more stuff....

I've done just that this afternoon.

> I don't have much time to look at it right now....

OK no problem.

> Here are the files in the directory:
>
> $ ls -R
> .:
[..]

Thank you.
No more clue with that list now, beside the fact that there is no ZIP.
May be my cpack execution call is buggy.

With the extra trace now in place I should see if this is the case.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org