[cmake-developers] [SOLVED] Parallel build of cmake-2.8.3 works for both the "MinGW Makefiles" and "MSYS Makefiles" generators on the wine platform if you avoid using the standalone install target

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Thu Dec 9 12:57:46 EST 2010

On 2010-12-09 10:20-0500 Brad King wrote:

> On 12/09/2010 10:00 AM, Brad King wrote:
>> We need to add a special
>> case like that above to block the extra "install: cmake" from
>> showing up when building CMake itself.
>
> It turns out that the fix is more general but only happens
> to affect this special case:
>
>  http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=608d6bba

Thanks, Brad, for dealing with this issue.  I am glad to hear it only
matters for the standalone install target for the build of cmake
itself.

I don't have much git knowledge or knowledge of the CMake workflow so
I am not sure whether that above patch automatically goes into the
next release or not.  Could you clarify that?  Especially, do
I have to remind David to get that patch into some future release?

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).