[cmake-developers] Adding more CPack Test for 2.8.4

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 17:16:48 EST 2010

Hi All,

I am trying to add more CPack tests for 2.8.4 and up
in order to try to avoid backward compat' breakage due to my current
work on cpack components.

Now I have some eggs & chicken problem.
My added tests will be OK with 2.8.4
(considering the current master may become 2.8.4 somewhere in the future)

so I would like to put
cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8.4 FATAL_ERROR)
in my test project.

but this will fail because 2.8.4 is not out.

Shall I lie (because 2.8.3 is not enough for this test) and put
cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8.3 FATAL_ERROR)
switch to 2.8.4 during rc stage?

To summarize which requirement to you put on a new test which depends
on the current master?

I did push the staged branch CPack-AddMoreTests.
The new test is in Tests/CPackComponentsForAll

I did not want to push to next yet in order to avoid big reds flags
all over the place
in the dashboard.

--
Erk