[CDash] How to verify every is configured correctly in v3.0.3

Zack Galbreath zack.galbreath at kitware.com
Thu Nov 18 14:35:36 UTC 2021

Hi,

This is a good feature request. We currently don't have a great, automated
way of verifying that everything works in a newly installed copy of CDash.

We do have an extensive test suite, of course, but this probably isn't
appropriate for a production install of CDash since it creates & modifies a
database as part of the testing process.

For what it's worth, what I usually do is more of a manual, "smoke" test. I
install or upgrade an instance of CDash, and then submit a build to it,
make sure it shows up, and click around a bit to make sure the various
pages look okay.