[CDash] CDash 2.6.0 to 3.0.3 upgrade, database not migrated?

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Mon Mar 15 17:19:08 UTC 2021

On Mon, 15 Mar 2021 12:06:20 -0400, Zack Galbreath said:

>Hmm, that's a tricky one. I haven't had much luck reproducing it locally.
>I've attached a patch for some extra debugging in case you want to
>investigate further what might be going wrong.

Thanks.  I've added the patch to my test server, but of course now it no longer repros at all.

It think it might have been related to something else I noticed a week or two ago, which is that various 'project' popup menus in the UI would show 4 items where two of them were blank.  This was actually the case on our 2.6 prod server too.  I only have 2 projects, but years ago had many more.  It's as if some projects were only partially deleted.  I managed to figure out their project number (by hovering over some link as I recall) and then constructed a URL like below to delete them.

<https://cdash.example.com/project/9/edit#Misc>

That fixed the 'project' pop menus, which now contains only 2 items as expected.

Does it sound like it might be related to the manageCoverage 500 error?  I could restore an old copy of the db to try...

Sean