[CDash] CDash 2.6.0 to 3.0.3 upgrade, database not migrated?

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Fri Mar 5 16:56:14 UTC 2021

On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 08:38:58 -0500, Zack Galbreath said:

>Hmm, that's a new one. But yes, based on the error messages you shared, it
>looks like CDash somehow skipped the 2.8 schema upgrade. Apologies for the
>manual hackery, but the following steps should get you beyond this problem.
>
>   - From a MySQL prompt, run the following command:
>      - UPDATE version SET major=2, minor=7, patch=0;
>      - From a web browser, log into your CDash instance as an administrator
>   - Click on "My CDash"
>   - Click on "Maintenance"
>   - Click on the "Upgrade CDash" button. This might take a while. You can
>   keep an eye on what it's doing by running "SHOW PROCESSLIST;" in a MySQL
>   prompt.

Zack,

So I went to the Maintenance page and in fact it showed the db as version 2.6 so I went ahead and pressed 'Upgrade' and 3 hours later it finished.  The weird UI issues seem to be solved now, and I see previous and new submissions.  Yay.

Poking around the UI, I did hit one '500 server error' when visiting:

<https://cdash.example.com/manageCoverage.php?projectid=1>

the log shows:

[2021-03-05 10:50:17] development.ERROR: Trying to get property 'full_name' of non-object {"userId":7,"exception":"[object] (ErrorException(code: 0): Trying to get property 'full_name' of non-object at /usr/local/etc/apache24/cdash.rogue-research.com/CDash/app/cdash/public/manageCoverage.php:349)

userId 7 is me.

I just checked on my prod cdash 2.6 server and this does not occur there.

Thought on what's wrong there?

Thanks,

Sean