[CDash] CDash API Python client (free OSS)

Mario Emmenlauer mario at emmenlauer.de
Tue Sep 15 13:09:28 UTC 2020

Hi Zack,

On 11.09.20 19:58, Zack Galbreath wrote:
> Hey Mario,
>
> This sounds great, thanks for sharing this work. Please let us know if there's any changes you'd like to see on the CDash side that would make this effort
> easier or more effective.

Glad if you like it! It was sufficiently easy to implement and for a
start, its really usable and ok. This week I've added some 40 projects
to CDash using the client, and added 40 times 3-5 users to the projects.
There where basically zero problems.

One thing that would be great for the future is to have more methods
available in the API. Currently we use a happy mix of API and website
methods (and regexp parsers). Its not a problem, but more robust would
be a pure API-based implementation.

However its really not an urgent issue. Just whenever more functionality
comes to the API, we can adapt it in the client and make it ever more
robust.

Happy coding and thanks for all your great work,

    Mario

> On Thu, Sep 10, 2020 at 4:09 AM Mario Emmenlauer <mario at emmenlauer.de <mailto:mario at emmenlauer.de>> wrote:
>

>     Dear CDash Developers and Users,
>
>     we have started to implement a CDash API Python client. The client
>     should become a means to perform various maintenance tasks like
>     creating projects, adding users to projects, etc. Currently the
>     client can do exactly these two things, create new projects with
>     various settings, and add users to projects :-)
>
>     Find it here: https://github.com/BioDataAnalysis/cdash-client
>
>     Its free and open source, and contributions are more than welcome!
>
>     All the best, and happy coding,
>
>         Mario Emmenlauer
>

>     --
>     BioDataAnalysis GmbH, Mario Emmenlauer      Tel. Buero: +49-89-74677203
>     Balanstr. 43                   mailto: memmenlauer * biodataanalysis.de <http://biodataanalysis.de>
>     D-81669 München                          http://www.biodataanalysis.de/

Viele Gruesse,

    Mario Emmenlauer