[CDash] Where and how to display git SHA of commit at CDash dashboard?

Niels Dekker niels_dekker_address_until_2024 at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 26 10:34:44 UTC 2018

The Testing summary has a table, which has a "Build Revision" column.
For example at
https://my.cdash.org/testSummary.php?project=1119&name=RegistrationItkv4Test.TransformSource&date=2018-01-25

Would that be a proper place for the commit SHA?

In testSummary.html I see build.update.revision, and
build.update.revisionurl, at
https://github.com/Kitware/CDash/blob/v2.4.0/public/views/testSummary.html
  Does this mean that we could pass the GitHub URL of the commit to
CDash, so that it would be placed onto the Test Summary?

If so, can you please tell us how to pass this information to CDash?

I wrote on on Wednesday 24 Jan 2018:
> What would be the most appropriate way to display the SHA of the last
> commit at the CDash dashboard?
>
> This question was asked already by James Foucar and answered by David
> Cole, on September 27, 2016:
>   "[CDash] uploading commit info to cdash dashboard"
>   https://public.kitware.com/pipermail/cdash/2016-September/001701.html
>
> Now I wonder if there's any update  :-)

Kind regards,
--