[CDash] Reducing upload size

Ibanez, Daniel Alejandro daibane at sandia.gov
Fri May 19 17:35:16 UTC 2017

Hello,

We operate the following site:

http://my.cdash.org/index.php?project=Albany

It seems that we’re exceeding the upload quota.
I’m also told that the paid subscription plans are going away or gone.
So the first question is:

In the long-term is it a good idea for us to plan on hosting our own CDash instance? Will my.cdash.org be around much longer?

We control the whole process using the scripting feature of CTest and a fairly elaborate set of scripts, for example see this important file:

https://github.com/gahansen/Albany/blob/42f52bb3ab84deab088ef35448658e9aa12cec76/doc/LCM/build/snl_helpers.cmake

Ideally, we would like to reduce the amount of information uploaded. My guess is the vast majority of the data is in test output. I know there is a way to stop CTest from printing test output to the console unless the test actually fails, is there an equivalent option that affects the uploaded XML file?

Thanks,
Dan