[CDash] Upgrading from 2.0.2 to 2.4.0

François Bertel fbopensource at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 02:59:16 UTC 2017

Hi Zack,

Thanks for the explanation.

I was confused about my old setup (I have not dug into it for years). My
2.0.2 setup is actually only involving /var/www/CDash, everything is there,
including the minimal config.local.php. Forget everything I said about
whatever is in my home directory, this was my first try a long time ago.

Unfortunately, I am not able to log as administrator in the new CDash (step
10 below)

Now here is what I did to move to 2.4.0:
1. Stop apache2: sudo systemctl stop apache2
2. Save the CDash DB: sudo -u postgres pg_dump -U postgres cdash >
cdashbackup.sql
3. Move the old cdash: cd /var/www ; mv CDash CDashOld
4. unpack cdash 2.4.0 at /var/www/CDashRoot, making sure the owner and
group are www-data recursively (to match the values in /etc/apache2/envvars
APACHE_RUN_USER and APACHE_RUN_GROUP)
5. Copy the old minimal /var/www/CDashOld/cdash/config.local.php into
/var/www/CDashRoot/config/
6. Create a symlink /var/www/CDash->/var/www/CDashRoot/public
7. Restart apache2: sudo systemctl start apache2
8. Open the CDash home page, which redirects to CDash/viewProjects.php (by
the way, the open page says 2.5.0 not 2.4.0)
9. As documented on the wiki, I have the page with the warning message:The
current database schema doesn't match the version of CDash you are running,
upgrade your database structure in the Administration/CDash maintenance
panel of CDash. So far so good.
10. I click on "Login" in the upper left corner to be able to log as
administrator, which redirects to CDash/user.php but this is a totally
empty page so I cannot proceed further as I cannot even log in as
administrator... What am I missing here?

Best,

--
François Bertel