[CDash] reducing cdash database size

Burlen Loring bloring at lbl.gov
Tue Jan 17 20:09:54 UTC 2017

as a data point, I've also had problems with this, in fact I got a
notice from the hosting company that MySQL would be disabled for my site
unless I reduced the size of the database. it may have been my fault
initially as I had not set CDASH_AUTOREMOVE_BUILDS='1'; in the local php
config?

Unfortunately there is some problem with the CDash autoRemoveBuilds.php
scripts, it seems that they take too long to run(ERROR 2013 (HY000):
Lost connection to MySQL server during query/ERROR 2006 (HY000): MySQL
server has gone away), but in any case the auto remove scripts left the
database in a corrupt state (specifically the test table) and now
nothing works. I'm planning at some point to nuke the whole thing and
start over.

Burlen