[CDash] Clean install of CDash 2.4.0

Matějů Miroslav, Ing. Mateju.Miroslav at azd.cz
Tue Aug 29 11:27:21 UTC 2017

Hi,

I was going to launch a new private instance of CDash by clean installing the most recent release 2.4.0. However, I was not able to get it working using the instructions on the web pages https://www.cdash.org/download/ and http://public.kitware.com/Wiki/CDash:Installation.

There are multiple issues on the Download page:

1. The file config. php is placed in 'config' subfolder rather than 'cdash'.

2. The keyword 'table' in relation to SQL should be probably replaced by 'database'.

3. It is not specified which directory should be visible to the web server. I tried:

   a. the top directory (CDash) and got a Forbidden page in the web browser;

   b. the 'public' directory (CDash/public) where several *.php files are located. When trying to load the main page (http://cdashsrv.local/cdash/), the web browser was redirected to viewProjects.php and showed a blank page. I tried to guess the right location and opened install.php manually but it renders a blank page, too.

In order to resolve this problem, I checked the PHP source codes in the 'public' directory and they contain lines like:

require_once dirname(__DIR__) . '/config/config.php';
include_once 'include/common.php';

Well, shouldn't they point to ../config or ../include since we are in a subdirectory?

Due to this confusion, I decided to get the previous, hopefully mature release 2.2 but found that it is not available to download. It is missing in the list http://public.kitware.com/Wiki/CDash:Installation#Previous_versions_of_CDash where the newest listed version is 2.0.2 which I am currently using.

Could you please resolve the problems on the website and point me to valid install instructions?

Thank you in advance!

Ing. Miroslav Matějů
Programmer Analyst

AŽD Praha s.r.o.