[Cdash] How to add more information in "view notes"

Zack Galbreath zack.galbreath at kitware.com
Fri Aug 29 11:50:43 UTC 2014

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 9:47 PM, Kevin C. Tjoe <k.tjoe at acfr.usyd.edu.au>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> when we click at a build in cdash dashboard, next to the build name (on
> top of the page), it has the "View notes" link (with link example:
> http://cdash.mydomain.com/viewNotes.php?buildid=156922).
>
> at the moment, the information on the page only simple like below:
>
> *Site: *win7-01*Build Name: *develop_win7_DevEnv10_Debug_Nightly*Stamp: *
> 20140828-1200-Nightly
>
> How to add more information to this page (note page)?
> Example i would like to add "Time" or "Build machine"?
>
> Do i have to modify the "viewNotes.php" ?

Nope, this is a variable you can set from your CTest driver script.
 Typically we use this field to upload this script itself to CDash.  Here's
an example of how to do that:

set(CTEST_NOTES_FILES "${CTEST_SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/${CTEST_SCRIPT_NAME}")

Or if you're not using ctest in -S mode, you can also specify a note using
the ctest command line:

$ ctest --help | grep note
  -A <file>, --add-notes <file>
                              = Add a notes file with submission