[Cdash] Attaching images to Test results

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Mar 1 15:32:02 UTC 2011

Here's a failing VTK test from today's dashboard that is showing images.

http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testDetails.php?test=85717330&build=884368

I have not traced anything at all to see what's happening between client and
CDash on www.cdash.org/CDash, but just thought I would pass along an example
of images that are being (apparently) pushed through all the way to CDash
from a currently failing test...

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 10:02 AM, Johan Björk <phb at spotify.com> wrote:

> Actually, seems to be even more things that are broken in that area,
>
> CTest propery ATTACHED_FILES gets uploaded to cdash with the following xml
> <NamedMeasurement name="Attached File" encoding="base64"
> compression="tar/gzip" filename="foo.c" type="file">, then the Value is a
> Base64 encoded string.
> In CDash it just gets shown as a undecoded Base64 string.
>
> /Johan
>

> On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 3:04 PM, Zach Mullen <zach.mullen at kitware.com>wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 8:24 AM, Johan Björk <phb at spotify.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey guys,
>>>
>>> I noticed that there used to be support in CDash for attaching images,
>>> but it was removed (at least in part) in svn commit r2616.
>>> Anyone (Zack?) know if it was functional? We are hand-assembling our
>>> Test.xml currently, so that there is no ctest support would not be a