[Cdash] Attaching images to Test results

Zach Mullen zach.mullen at kitware.com
Tue Mar 1 14:04:30 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 8:24 AM, Johan Björk <phb at spotify.com> wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I noticed that there used to be support in CDash for attaching images, but
> it was removed (at least in part) in svn commit r2616.
> Anyone (Zack?) know if it was functional? We are hand-assembling our
> Test.xml currently, so that there is no ctest support would not be a
> problem.
>
> Cheers
> /Johan
>
> I've looked through the code and it looks like you're right -- CDash
"appears" to still support adding images as named measurements, but it looks
like the image is never getting decoded out of base64.  The function
commented out in r2616 was never being called anyway, even though it should
be.  I looked all the way back in the svn log until the file was created
there, and the function was there, so I'm at a loss as to who wrote it or
whether it was ever called at all.  JJ, do you know?

Doesn't the VTK or ITK dashboard have tests that upload images?  Does anyone
know if they are still working, or whether this support was intentionally
removed at some point?

Thanks,

--
Zach Mullen