[Cdash] Random +- on warnings for parallel builds with VC10

Hauke Heibel hauke.heibel at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 9 09:46:54 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have setup a continuous build on a windows machine (the CDash 1.8.2
script is attached) and I am observing +- changes on the warnings even
though the code base does not change.

>From the warning messages it seems as if this is related to parallel
builds. I usually let CMake add the compiler flag /MP to my projects
and the number of warning changes (+-'s) decreased a lot after I fixed
the number of cores to 1. There are still some changes remaining and I
can only assume that they are caused by the fact that VC10 (as well as
older versions) builds .vcxproj's in parallel.

Is this a known issue an/ord is there any way to circumvent this issue
instead of completely disabling parallel builds?

Regards,
Hauke