[Cdash] Dashboard view only shows last build with APPEND, but build page shows both

O'Shea, David OShea.D at emsglobaltracking.com
Fri Aug 20 04:06:03 UTC 2010

Hi David,

________________________________

	From: David Cole [mailto:david.cole at kitware.com]
	Sent: Thursday, 19 August 2010 9:00 PM
	To: O'Shea, David
	Cc: cdash at public.kitware.com
	Subject: Re: [Cdash] Dashboard view only shows last build with
APPEND, but build page shows both

	On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 1:44 AM, O'Shea, David
<OShea.D at emsglobaltracking.com> wrote:

		Hi David,

		Thanks, we have installed the latest version from
Subversion but the issue doesn't appear to have been fixed - I still see
the same behaviour as before.

		By the way, I assume the fix you're referring to is
revision 2579/issue #10975?

		As you can see from the comments in the CTest script
snippet my original post, I tried various combinations of "APPEND"
options.  I've tried a few of them again.  What exactly is actually the
"correct" way of doing this?  Should the following work?

		ctest_empty_binary_directory(${CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY})
		ctest_start("Experimental")
		ctest_configure(OPTIONS [...])
		ctest_read_custom_files(${CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY})

		ctest_build()
		ctest_test()
		ctest_coverage()

		set(CTEST_NOTES_FILES
		    [...])

		ctest_submit()

		ctest_build(TARGET "doc"
		            APPEND)
		ctest_submit(PARTS Build)
		<<<

	Yes. I think this should work exactly as you've written it. If
it does not, we should add a test to the CDash test suite and verify
that errors and warnings from the two build steps accumulate rather than
wipe each other out.

	I would try using "APPEND" in the first ctest_build call, too,
but I don't think that should have an effect. It should work as is.

I 'm pretty certain I tried that in amongst all the other combinations!

	I'm assuming you're using up to date ctest... 2.8.2?

$ /c/Program\ Files/CMake\ 2.8/bin/ctest --version
ctest version 2.8.2

Thanks!
David

David O'Shea