[Cdash] ITK appears in GDCM cdash

Amitha Perera amitha.perera at kitware.com
Thu Sep 3 13:19:58 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 8:43 AM, Julien Jomier<julien.jomier at kitware.com> wrote:
> Sorry that's what I meant: could we find a hashing algorithm which return
> value fits in one integer?. Also, what are the complexity of the different
> hashing algorithms? in another word, which one will be fast enough with the
> minimal chance of collisions?

I'm pretty sure the SHA-1 and MD5 algorithms will prove to be fast
enough for your needs. And I'm sure there are implementations of them
in any language you want.

Also, I suspect that
  SELECT * WHERE CRC=myCRC;
will run pretty much just as fast as
  SELECT * WHERE HASH_INT1=myInt1 AND HASH_INT2=myInt2 ... AND HASH_INT4=myInt4;

It's been a while since I did any serious SQL, but I think a SQL CHAR
can represent any value between 0 and 255, so it may be just as easy
to represent the hash as a CHAR(16) or what ever.  And again, I'm
pretty sure the SELECT statement would execute without any noticeable
difference in speed.

Amitha.