[Cdash] ITK appears in GDCM cdash

Julien Jomier julien.jomier at kitware.com
Thu Sep 3 00:36:42 UTC 2009

Mathieu,

This was a good one. So we found a limitation of the crc32 algorithm. In
that case the two tests: 'itkBinaryDilateImageFilterTest-100-150-1' and
the missing 'TestDumper', even if they are different, are returning the
same crc32 value. So CDash thought they were the same and assign the
previously stored (itkBinaryDilateImageFilter) to GDCM instead of
TestDumper.

It is not surprising but I was hoping that we could avoid this type of
collision even with a descent size database (currently storing
12,417,508 tests on cdash.org).

One option is to use md5 or a more complex algorithm, but then we will
need to do a string matching in SQL and I'd like to avoid this if we can
for speed reasons.

I'm open to suggestions,
Julien