[Cdash] Test output size

Martin Apel martin.apel at simpack.de
Mon Nov 9 02:24:25 EST 2009

Hi Tobias,

there's a simple way to to tell ctest/cdash not to discard any output.
You have to output the string "CTEST_FULL_OUTPUT"
somewhere in your test output. We use this successfully for months now.

Regards,

Martin

Tobias Kaupp wrote:
> Cdashers,
>
> we frequently run into the following issue: a test fails but since it is a
> verbose test, the end of the output gets removed ("The rest of the test output
> was removed since it exceeds the threshold of 307200 characters.")
>
> The interesting bit of the test output is at the end rather than at the
> beginning, so it would be better to cut off the beginning instead. Would that
> be possible to implement? Should I file a feature request?
>
> Another solution is to make the max output threshold configurable, maybe even
> on a per test basis?
>
> Cheers, Tobias
>
> --
> Dr Tobias Kaupp
> Research Fellow
>
> The Australian Centre for Field Robotics
> The Rose St Building, J04
> The University of Sydney, NSW 2006
> Australia
>
> Phone:  +61 2 9036 7057
> Fax:    +61 2 9351 7474
> Email:  t.kaupp at cas.edu.au
> Web:    http://www.cas.edu.au/content.php/232.html?personid=45

Martin Apel
Software Architect
Phone:   + 49 8105 77266-53
E-Mail:  martin.apel at simpack.de

SIMPACK AG
Friedrichshafener Strasse 1, 82205 Gilching, Germany
info at simpack.de, www.simpack.com
Phone: + 49 8105 77266-0
Fax:   + 49 8105 77266-11

Executive Board: Dr. Alexander Eichberger, Dr. Lutz Mauer
Chair of Supervisory Board: Silvia Förster (CPA)
Commercial Register München HRB 181 229