[Cdash] How to handle huge test output

Martin Apel martin.apel at simpack.de
Thu Dec 10 11:44:07 EST 2009

Hi Julien,

we are indeed using MySQL as the database backend. As I don't know the
internal table organisation of CDash, I am wondering, if compressing
whole rows wouldn't slow down accesses
to the tables very much. Wouldn't it be better to only compress the
column containing the text output? This could be done in CDash upon
access of this column only.

I already tried to put a feature request in the bug tracker, but the bug
tracker, which is linked from www.cdash.org does only contain category
entries for CMake, CTest etc., but not for CDash.
So I thought I'd ask on the mailing list first.

Regards,

Martin

--

Martin Apel
Software Architect
E-Mail:  martin.apel at simpack.de

SIMPACK AG
Friedrichshafener Strasse 1, 82205 Gilching, Germany
info at simpack.de, www.simpack.com
Phone: + 49 8105 77266-0
Fax:   + 49 8105 77266-11

Executive Board: Dr. Alexander Eichberger, Dr. Lutz Mauer
Chair of Supervisory Board: Silvia Förster (CPA)
Commercial Register München HRB 181 229