[Cdash] Automation and nightly trigger

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 08:56:28 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 9:56 AM, Nicholas Yue <yue.nicholas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I have installed CDash and have two SVN project which I can build
> (manually via CMake/CTest) and submit results to the server.
>
>   The results are showing up on the dashboard.
>
>   I have the following questions:
>   1. What is the best practice approach in getting a nightly build going
> within the context of CDash/CMake/CTest?

I believe this is answered here:

http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Scripting_Of_CTest

>   2. Is there a way to request a build/rebuild (on demand) from a particular
> build client?

Not that I know of. The way it was designed is opposite to what you
are requesting, this is called 'Continuous'. You setup a cronjob to
run arbitrarily every 10 min (for example) and only if anything has
changed, then the configure/build/test/submit steps will be executed.

HTH
--
Mathieu