[Cdash] database support in cdash

Markus Grabner grabner at icg.tugraz.at
Mon Jun 30 18:29:30 UTC 2008

Am Dienstag, 20. Mai 2008 schrieb Julien Jomier:
> Markus,
>
> This is great! Thanks a lot.
>
> I have actually started a little bit on the postGreSQL support but it's
> tricky because the field types are different between MySQL and PostgreSQL.
I just tried the SQL-Translator at http://sqlfairy.sourceforge.net to
automatically transform MySQL data definition code into PostgreSQL code (and
actually for a couple of other databases), and it works pretty well. To
demonstrate this, the following files are attached:

*) transform.sh: transformation script to
-) translate SQL code using SQL-Translator
-) replace PHP MySQL functions by their PDO equivalents (as discussed earlier)

*) pdo.php: MySQL->PDO wrapper functions

*) SQL-Translator-psql-index.patch: patch for SQL-Translator to avoid invalid
attempts to create duplictate indices

The SQL-Translator requires some perl modules which are not included in
openSUSE (don't know about other distributions). The patched SQL-Translator
and all perl modules not included in openSUSE are available here:

http://rpm.icg.tugraz.at/suse/11.0/repodata/repoview

The script creates valid PostgreSQL code. I didn't yet check whether cdash
runs with a PostgreSQL database, but wanted to share this piece of code right
now.

May I ask for write access to the cdash repository? Then I can check in my
code, and it will be easier for others to evaluate.

	Thanks & kind regards,
		Markus

--
Markus Grabner - Computer Graphics and Vision
Graz University of Technology, Inffeldgasse 16a/II, 8010 Graz, Austria