[Cdash] use of CDash for my tasks?

Jochen Thäder thaeder at kip.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Dec 10 14:48:47 EST 2008

Dear CDash users/developers,

I some questions about the use of CDash for my tasks.

I have the following setup :
* one  project : foo-project
* one build site ( one architecture only )
* several "sub projects" : sub-foo_1, sub-foo_2, ...
   ** They are all in different svn repositorys
   ** Some have to be compiled against others
* several tests
   ** some as unit tests as parts of the sub-projects
   ** some as global test of the whole project

What I want :
* I want to run nightly builds of the whole project
* several scenarios should be compiled every time eg.:
   ** sub-foo_3 on sub-foo_1[trunk] on sub-foo_2[trunk]
   ** sub-foo_3 on sub-foo_1[tag] on sub-foo_2[trunk]
   ** sub-foo_3 on sub-foo_1[tag] on sub-foo_2[tag]
   ** ...
* run tests on all these scenarios

What I want to see is a overview of which compiles/tests were ok /
failed on a day per day basis as well as the last month(s) for the
whole project and sub-projects on one page.

I figure one can only set one repository directory per project,... can
there be more?

Thanks for your help in advance.

cheers
    Jochen

"Success is dependent on effort."
                     ( Sophocles )

Jochen Thäder  jochen at thaeder.de

Computer Science/Computer Engineering
Kirchhoff Institute of Physics - Ruprecht-Karls-University Heidelberg

_at_ CERN
R-010 - Bld. 160 - CH-1211 Geneva 23 - Switzerland