[cable] Problem with static method

Anton Deguet anton at cs.jhu.edu
Fri Apr 18 11:03:35 EDT 2003

Hello,

I have been trying to figure this out for a few hours now and I still
have a problem.  I must be doing something really stupid ...

 > Hmm... I'm unable to duplicate your problem with
 >
 > class Foo
 > {
 > public:
 >   static bool SetLoD(const std::string&, short);
 >   static bool SetLoD(short);
 > };
 >
 > After wrapping Foo and std::string with cable, I'm able to call either
 > method.

I didn't wrap std::string for my first attempt.  I did in a test version
  and I am still running into problems.  I attached all my files
(sources and cmake config file, see tests in myClassTcl.cxx comments).
Basically, if I use short I am in trouble and if I use int, I'm fine.
It looks like tclsh or the wrappers can't cast a short to an int to
identify the list of available methods.

 > What version of Cable are you using?  There are no supported releases.
 > If you're not using the latest CVS version, please upgrade and try again.

I have the latest CVS version of CMake (now).  The rest of the config is:

- Linux Redhat 8 with updates
- gcc_xml, 0.4.2 installed with the pre-patched gcc
- cmake 1.6.6
- gcc (GCC) 3.2 20020903 (Red Hat Linux 8.0 3.2-7)
- tcl-8.3.3-74
- tk-8.3.3-74

Sincerely,

Anton

--
Anton Deguet - Email anton<at>cs.jhu.edu
Office NEB B26 - Phone 410 516 5261 - Fax 410 516 3332