[cable] Overload resolution and Matlab wrappers

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Dec 16 13:48:24 EST 2002

Hi Gareth,

> I don't really understand the purpose of CableGenerator, and I'm not
> very happy with what I've done here: it all works but the interaction of
> the classes might be a little unclear to other people.

CableGenerator is supposed to have alot of the non-tcl-specific parts of
CableTclGenerator.  I have a development version that isn't checked into
CVS that has most of the factorization done.  I'm guessing that what you
put in CableInterpGenerator can probably just be put in CableGenerator.

> Do you think these changes would be of general use?  The diff is 200Kb
> gzipped so I'm not sure if it would be reasonable to post it here.

It sounds like you've done some great work.  I'd love to take a look.  If
you have a place to post it, let me know in a private response to this
message (not to the list, please).  Otherwise, I can give you instructions
on uploading it to one of Kitware's servers.

> Many thanks to whoever designed and wrote CABLE;

You're welcome :)

> it is an impressive piece of work.

Thanks!

-Brad