[VTK ARB] VTK ARB Meeting March 5

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Mon Mar 3 13:07:03 EST 2014

Dear VTK ARBers-

We have a VTK ARB meeting this Wednesday March 5 from 2-3pm ET. I'd like to
keep the meeting to an hour, and hold this meeting more often in the future
(so if we don't get to a specific topic we will soon). We will get together
via Google hangout, you should have all received an invite. Also we will
open a tcon line for those that cannot hangout.

As far as an agenda: since we have not had a meeting in some time this is a
chance to adjust our approach to the ARB. In particular I'd like to focus
at least part of the meeting on higher-level issues, and talk about our
overall mission. For example, I want us to be looking ahead to emerging
technologies and understand how they might impact VTK in the long run.
Discussing governance and process issues is also important. Some of the
more technical issues are probably best left to the VTK developer's list
but obviously there is a balance here.

If we get past this initial discussion, here are several more items on the
list, most of which we will not get to by the end of Wednesday's meeting.

+ Revisit mission and purpose of VTK ARB
+ Discuss VTK Roadmap
+ Upcoming changes: new VTK Rendering subsystem
+ Multi-core threading design and implementation
+ Modularization efforts
+ Gerrit / software process.

If you have other ideas and/or topics please let me know. Otherwise I'll
talk to you on Wednesday!

Best,
Will

--